Phillips 66 Instrument Supervisor - Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Instrument Supervisor will provide leadership for the process technicians and be accountable for the training and development of the process technicians. The Supervisor manages the maintenance work performed by the process technicians.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing safety leadership
- Insuring quality control of instrumentation repairs through knowledge and enforcement of procedures and standards
- Insuring quality control of instrumentation repairs by auditing the day to day activities of the process technicians
- Monitoring instrument maintenance including, but not limited to, PM compliance, schedule compliance, backlog management, OT scheduling and tracking
- Gathering and analyzing data on short and long-term maintenance issues and working with other departments to provide resolution to the issues
- Working as turnaround instrument supervisor during turnarounds
- Supporting of turnaround instrumentation planning
- Assisting in the development and modifications of new and existing maintenance procedures
- Keeping the skills and training of process technicians current
- Evaluating new instrumentation for training and spare parts requirements, scheduling necessary training and refresher training, and insuring that spare parts are requested for critical instrumentation
- Making call outs in off hours to insure continuous operation of instrumentation
- Creating and completing MOC
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years of Instrumentation experience in a refinery or chemical plant
- Ability to read and interpret piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), instrument drawings, wiring diagrams, and ladder logic diagrams
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Loud vibration and noise
Climb up to 200 feet in height
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skill maintaining instrument equipment through hands-on instruction
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills – establishes priorities and develops critical tasks for achieving results
- Drives company core values including ethics, safety, and environmental leadership
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49775
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Maintenance