Phillips 66 Experienced Process Engineer in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Engineer will report to the Process Engineering Superintendent and be responsible for process engineering, project development, and project front-end-loading for Alliance Refinery capital projects. Accountable for assuring projects achieve objectives and are technically sound.
Responsibilities may include :
- Utilize front end loading work processes and best practices to assure timely and cost affective project development.
- Provide leadership in project scope development benchmarking and control of project design.
- Provide process engineering support through mechanical design and startup to ensure original process intent is met.
- Review projects with internal and industry discipline experts to ensure projects are technically sound and cost effective.
- Review projects with appropriate plant personnel to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance requirements are met.
- Actively promote the latest technologies and problem-solving solutions.
- Provide process interface with Operations in project scope development and execution, training and Prepare to Operate requirements.
- Share and leverage technical expertise across other sites and forums.
- Establish and validate project priorities, deliverables and deadlines with supervision.
- Manage competing priorities and multiple projects.
- Manage time to deliver on project assignments and commitments.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering.
- 3 or more years of experience working for a refinery owner.
- 3 or more years of experience working as an area Process Engineer.
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- Possess commitment, dedication, and willingness to support management direction.
- Possess effective leadership, interpersonal and teamworking skills, including the ability to work with and incorporate ideas of other organizations (i.e., safety, maintenance, environmental).
- Possess ability to coordinate and provide leadership for multiple issues and prioritize them appropriately given HS&E (compliance), business, and personnel needs.
- Possess strong refinery process engineering fundamentals.
- Be committed to providing and supporting a safe work environment.
- Seek, understand and use functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to interact and work well in a team environment.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Have experience with process simulation programs and be computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and process historian (PI) and database systems.
- Be committed to continuous learning and ongoing self-development.
- Previous project design experience.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 22, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 45628
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Engineering