Phillips 66 Environmental Engineer in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Environmental Engineer or Scientist provides leadership and direction to the Alliance Refinery to maintain continuous compliance with all aspects of applicable regulations. The Environmental Engineer or Scientist serves as a single point of contact for the capital projects team and operations team to provide line-of-sight to regulatory obligations and improved environmental compliance for all media.
Responsibilities may include:
- Contributing as a key member of the Environmental Team focusing on air compliance regulations (NSPS, MACT, HON, LDAR, BWON, CEMS) and permitting (Title V, PSD).
- Managing and prioritizing air permitting for the site including coordinating all aspects of permit documentation and development.
- Reviewing emerging regulations and developing and implementing compliance plans.
- Preparing periodic reports, plans, records and correspondence with regulatory agencies.
- Communicating with regulatory agencies including interacting with agency personnel for on-site inspections/audits.
- Networking across Phillips 66 to share and implement best practices.
- Managing environmental compliance projects.
- Conducting environmental studies and investigations.
- Working with projects, operations and maintenance groups to evaluate, develop and recommend alternative solutions for compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Possessing knowledge of refining operations to analyze and communicate environmental regulations, programs and policies to all levels in the refinery.
- Cross-functional assignments involving other environmental media, including water, waste, land, and wildlife management.
- Release reporting and emergency/spill response.
Participation with emergency response/incident command system.
Interacting with Refinery Leadership Team on a frequent basis.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences
- 5 or more years of environmental experience in refining, petrochemical or related industries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications
- Availability for periodic 24-hour on-call plant response duty
- Working knowledge of Clean Air Act / Clean Water Act / New Source Review
- Willingness to present to peers or management
- 10 or more years of environmental experience in refining, petrochemical or related industries.
- Planning and budgetary skills
- Must be able to accurately and clearly communicate both technical and practical information while working in a team environment
- Well-developed planning and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be willing and able to work productively in a diverse team based environment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 4, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 44402
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment