Phillips 66 Electrical Engineer in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Electrical Engineer works closely with multi-discipline teams on multiple projects and maintenance activities. They are a proven problem solver that provides technical expertise, engineering design services, and support to facilities, laboratories, and pilot plants. The electrical engineer works with maintenance and construction supervisors and electricians to safely install, operate, and maintain electrical power distribution systems.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing electrical engineering calculations as required for design work and checking the work of designers.
- Conducting system analysis studies (load flow, voltage drop, short circuit, relay coordination, motor starting, arc flash, equipment over duty) and work to correct deficiencies using the latest version of EasyPower electrical engineering analysis software.
- Overseeing application and interpretation of National Electric Code and other applicable codes and standards (e.g., NFPA 70E, applicable sections of OSHA 1910, API, and IEEE).
- Making recommendations regarding reliability of standard power distribution systems and application of backup systems (e.g., emergency generators or uninterruptible power supplies).
- Directing and advising the application of company standards in electrical design, equipment specifications, construction, and testing.
- Reviewing equipment specifications and drawings for projects pertaining to equipment location, single line, area classification, and schematic drawing.
- Recommending vendors for purchase of equipment and providing technical review of bids.
- Contributing to cost estimates for projects and major maintenance.
- Participating in long range planning for maintenance and equipment replacement.
- Managing power requirements and coordinating with other projects in progress.
- Consulting on electrical system expansion to provide capacity, growth, reliability, maintainability, and expandability, which will include interfacing with the electric utility provider.
- Overseeing adherence to city and county regulations including special equipment approvals (UL) and building permits.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 3 or more years of engineering experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel 5% of the time
- Experience with EasyPower software or similar arc flash analysis software
- Licensed professional engineer
- 5+ years of direct electrical engineering design, electrical projects, and/or electrical operations experience in the petrochemical industry or similar large facilities
- 3+ years of experience in power distributions systems for voltage levels up to 34.5 kV
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Experience working with SAP
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Direct experience with petrochemical processing and/or Process Safety Management (PSM) facilities
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills needed to work in a team environment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48304
Department: Real Estate & Facilities Services
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Real Estate and Facilities Services