Phillips 66 Operations Engineer - Amarillo, TX in Amarillo, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Operations Engineer provides technical support and project management to Southwest Region Pipelines and Terminal Operations. This includes engineering support for pipeline and terminal operations, including pump stations, truck racks, storage tanks and all associated equipment. Project Management support includes design, estimation and execution of maintenance Capital projects up to $2.5 MM Total Installed Cost.
Responsibilities may include :
- Promoting a culture that delivers excellent HSE performance.
- Supporting field operation and maintenance of pipelines and terminal facilities.
- Developing and executing Capital projects.
- Managing resolution of complex encroachment issues.
- Supporting incident and near-miss investigations.
- Resource for completing PHA and HSE action items.
- Supporting pre-startup safety reviews and develops startup commissioning procedures.
- Assuring full compliance with all regulatory and Company policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with field operations, ROW, Technical Services and Integrity, and Logistics.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in Terminals or Pipelines
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- 3 or more years of experience budgeting and long-range planning
- 5 or more years of experience in pipeline and terminals maintenance, operations, or pipeline projects
- 3 or more years of experience with hydraulics
- Advanced level of proficiency with SAP
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 21, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49246
Location: United States - Texas - Amarillo
Job Field: Engineering