Phillips 66 Environmental Specialist in Amarillo, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Environmental Specialist is based in Amarillo. TX and provides environmental support for clean products and crude oil pipeline and terminal operations in the West Texas, Panhandle and Southeast New Mexico region. Travel to field locations is required up to 25% of the time.
Responsibilities may include :
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental regulations and permitting requirements for all media. This includes SPCC, spill response, air permitting, wetlands, T&E Species, archeo-cultural, waste disposal, etc.
- Providing environmental support, resources, and tools to the business that ensures compliance with applicable environmental regulations and permits
- Conducting regulatory advocacy with Agencies, and staying abreast of proposed rules for your area
- Preparing, supporting and negotiating PSD, NSR, or Title V permitting efforts
- Performing internal audits of facilities to better enable compliance
- Providing permitting support for pipeline maintenance and hydrotest activities
- Incorporating risk and impact to the business for the analysis of regulations/permits
- Ability to solve a broad range of complex problems
- Providing cost-effective solutions and service to facilities/areas supported
- Ongoing communication with key business contacts in area of responsibility
- Working independently, prioritizing activities, meeting commitments, and proactively managing time
- Working effectively within teams and within diverse work groups
- Demonstrating clear and concise oral and written skills
- Proactively supporting and/or leading environmental initiatives that support the business
- Supporting the operations during agency or external inspections and audits
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences or a related degree
- 2 or more years of experience in environmental regulation for the oil and gas industry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- 5 or more years of experience in downstream oil and gas
- Professional registration or certification
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 12, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48248
Location: United States - Texas - Amarillo
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment