Phillips 66 Placement Student Opportunities 2017 - Warwick in Warwick, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
We’re proud of our past, focused on our future, and leading the industry with energy solutions that have a positive impact around the world. If you’re looking for a place that will encourage you to drive change, take on bold new challenges and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit every day, Phillips 66 is that place.
We have an exciting new opportunity for three Placement Students to join our UK Marketing Head Office based in Warwick.
The placement roles on offer for our 2017 intake are:
Finance Placement Student
As a Finance Placement Student you will learn how Finance supports the various business teams while gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes and controls employed by our UK Marketing department. As part of our commitment to your development, during your 12-month placement you will gain exposure to the activities in Finance including transactional, control and risk management, planning and business analysis.
Marketing Placement Student
As a Marketing Placement Student, you will gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in sales and marketing. You will assist our Brand department on a number of projects aimed at promoting our JET brand of petrol stations, develop your written communication skills through copywriting, assist in the organisation of various events and gain exposure to digital marketing. You will also gain experience in our Pricing and Demand function which is responsible for optimising the inland placement of our product and setting pricing strategies that maximise our earnings.
IT Placement Student
As an IT Placement Student, you will work in our IT department assisting with day-to-day hardware, software issues and providing on-site desk side and applications support. You will work with an experienced team of IT Professionals and have the opportunity of frequent interaction with multiple IT support personnel in our Houston and Bartlesville offices. Our IT Placement Scheme offers a great insight into what a career in IT will entail, whether you’re interested in becoming a project manager, business analyst, developer or you’re not sure where you’d like to specialise yet.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A PLACEMENT STUDENT
As an undergraduate placement student with Phillips 66, your work will play a key role in helping us make the decisions that maximise our value for employees, shareholders and customers; assess the health of our business; and drive improved performance.
- You are legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions
- You are on target for a 2.1 degree classification or higher
- You have the option to take part in a placement year as part of your degree course
- You are a talented analytical individual with strong numerical capabilities
- You have a real flair for problem-solving and teamwork
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS application
- Interpersonal communication, both written and oral presentation skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Most importantly, you have a passion and excitement for the energy industry
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You will gain real-world experience and find out how to successfully contribute to important and challenging projects that accelerate your learning and development
As well as on-the-job experience, the programme is reinforced with a comprehensive training package that includes:
- Derivatives and Refining Course
- Advanced Excel/Access Course
- Commercial Learning Day
- Job Shadowing
- Compensation: Phillips 66 Undergraduate Placement Student salary is benchmarked to ensure market competitiveness.
- Other benefits include free on-site gym membership, complimentary employee lunch, subsidised activities arranged via our Sports & Social Club and access to our on-site GP one day a week.
- The placement scheme is our starting point to identify and cultivate talented, passionate people and build a workforce that can propel us and more importantly you into an extraordinary future when you graduate.
To be considered please apply online submitting a covering letter explaining your reasons for joining Phillips 66 and your interest in the energy industry along with an updated CV.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success:
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit _ www.phillips66.com _ or follow us on Twitter _ @Phillips66Co _ .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 31st December 2016.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 32561
Department: UK Marketing
Location: Great Britain - Warwickshire - Warwick
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No