Phillips 66 Brand Communications Manager in Warwick, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Brand Communications Manager will lead the Brand Communications Team providing services and support to help strengthen our customer relationships and provide our sales organisation with the tools required to drive customer profitability, improve brand image and differentiate our offers from the competition.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of a Brand strategy, with the Manager, Retail Sales.
- Continuously review and improve our customer Brand offer through research, competitor tracking and knowledge sharing, identifying and implementing value adding opportunities, in areas such as loyalty and prospecting.
- Manage, coach and develop the Brand Communications Coordinator, Digital Communications Coordinator and Business Support & Communications roles.
- Manage, coach and develop the Contracts Coordinator role, safeguarding contractual and investment issues for all UKM sales groups including claims and litigation support.
- Identify and manage the delivery of measurable customer and consumer facing promotional activities in line with sales strategy and customer feedback.
- Leading the development and enhancement of digital communications, including social media, extranet, internet and intranet sites.
- Manage the co-ordination of major customer hospitality, events and exhibitions, allocating resources and driving through improvements to provide a cohesive, auditable approach.
- Continuously review and improve the Marketing Sales Toolkit for all channels, delivering a suite of impactful materials.
- Manage and have oversight of all outgoing content and communications, including PR, trade press advertising, consumer messaging and complaints handling, delivering consistent content aligned with current strategies.
- Ensure UKM is compliant with global corporate communications requirements, including media training, obtaining legal and other approvals and emergency response support.
- Lead the delivery of philanthropic and sponsorship activities, ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Accountable for the delivery of employee communications on behalf of the Marketing Leadership Team, by means of intranet, media screens, emails and Chatter.
- Manage external marketing, creative and warehousing agencies, complying with corporate procurement requirements.
- Accountable for the archiving and management of UKM’s heritage records.
Critical Skills / Leadership
- An interest and capability in formulating brand strategy, challenging the status quo in a changing market, being innovative and generating ideas.
- Strong customer focus and a well-developed business perspective.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills (internal and external networking, listening and influencing).
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written format.
- Excellent project management and implementation skills.
- Good knowledge of both fuels and non-fuels retailing.
- Good numeracy and an ability to forecast/manage O&O and capex budgets
- Legally authorised to work in the UK
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 25th November 2016
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 32463
Department: UK Marketing
Location: Great Britain - Warwickshire - Warwick
Job Field: Brand Management