Phillips 66 Crane Operator in Sweeny, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Responsibilities may include :
- Able to inspecting and set up cranes.
- Able to operating fixed cab and swing cab cranes
- Able lubricating cranes and flagging cranes for other operators.
- Able to operating winch truck, and tractor and trailer truck.
- Able to interpreting crane load charts.
- Able to maintaining clean and orderly work facility and job sites.
- A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated, dependable, and carry out work in a safe manner
- A willingness to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to bend, lift, climb, and perform a wide range of physical activities
- Able to use a variety of safety and personal protective equipment including but not limited to fresh air and slicker suits
- Able to work at high elevations and/or in confined spaces with limited access.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other team members, leaders and operations personnel
- Overtime, shift work and weekend work required at times
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Valid driver's license
- Completion of an applicable recognized apprenticeship, military, vocational or technical school program or suitable work experience in an industrial environment
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- 5 or more years of crane operating and rigging experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with other teams
- Must also interface routinely with contractors, vendors and industry representatives
- Ability to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, work permits, instruction manuals.
- Must be NCCCO certified
- Technical Trade School Degree/Diploma
- Basic computer knowledge
- Techniques/procedures, rigging equipment/procedures/practices, and instrumentation terminology, procedures, and practices.
- 5 or more years of direct experience using the following items: hand tools, measurement tools and devices and power tools.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Sweeny Refinery is located 65 miles southwest of Houston. This refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as light, low-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners , the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston , the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 28,2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37672
Department: Sweeny Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Sweeny
Job Field: Maintenance