Phillips 66 Environmental Specialist IV - Wood River Refinery in Roxana, Illinois
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Environmental Specialist IV - Wood River Refinery will coordinate continuous emission monitoring system (CEMS) compliance obligations pursuant to applicable environmental regulations and permits. Prepare routine CEMS uptime and excess emission reports. Provide technical expertise on regulatory compliance requirements for new CEMS installations. Coordinate periodic source/stack emission tests pursuant to applicable environmental regulations and permits. Review stack test reports prepared by vendors. Provide technical support on various air regulatory compliance reports including but not limited to environmental incident reports, Title V Annual Compliance Certification Reports, Consent Decree Reports, and Semi-annual Monitoring Reports. Provide environmental support to various operating units on responsible regulatory compliance programs. Review new product safety data sheets (SDS) and maintain chemical inventory records for compliance with Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting requirements. Prepare EPCRA Tier II reports. Prepare and maintain Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) inventory. Up to 5% travel including visits to various Phillips 66 sites, industry or vendor conferences etc., as needed.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- 8 years of petrochemical or petroleum industry experience
- 2 years of experience with Environmental air regulatory interpretation and application for industrial facilities
- 2 years of experience working with regulators, third party contractors and vendors to achieve business goals
- 2 years of experience Using data management systems and Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS), including Microsoft SQL Server, PI Data Historian and Information Handling Services’ (IHS) opsInfo and IHS Essential Suite, for tracking environmental compliance obligations
- 2 years of experience preparing environmental regulatory compliance reports
- Master’s degree and 6 years of petrochemical or petroleum industry experience lieu of a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of petrochemical or petroleum industry experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Wood River Refinery is located on the east side of the Mississippi River in Roxana, IL, about 15 miles northeast of St. Louis, MO. It is Phillips 66 largest refinery and operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 15, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 34861
Department: Wood River Refinery
Location: United States - Illinois - Roxana
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment