Phillips 66 PSM Coordinator - Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Accountable for timely preparation of documents and reports and execution of tasks related to Process Safety Information (PSI); Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs) including Facility Siting studies; Management of Change (MOC); and the Risk Management Plan (RMP) for the San Francisco Refinery. Primary responsibility will be to the Rodeo Refinery, while providing Process Safety support to the Rodeo Carbon Plant and the Santa Maria Refinery. Will work in a team-based environment focused on the management of risk and Process Safety for the continuous improvement of elements and systems contributory to the safety of refinery workers and the general public.
Responsibilities may include :
- Regulatory resource for PSM implementation
- Facilitate Process Hazards Analyses (PHA) using Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for refinery and other internal customers as needed, including revalidation requirements and projects
- Work with key stakeholders to improve, provide training, and implement PSI, PHA, and MOC systems and procedures to meet Federal PSM / RMP requirements, California and Contra Costa County Process Safety program requirements, Refining Required Standards, and site preferences
- Audit, investigate, and reconcile MOC and PSI updates to produce accurate, consistent information for PHA reviews (e.g. process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, plot plans, and other related graphical representations of the equipment, systems, controls, and procedures comprising the process)
- Participate in facility PSM self-audits, and on Corporate HSE Compliance audit teams
- Steward and audit the sites MOC program utilizing the KMS software system
- Interface with the engineering group to maintain accuracy of PSI database/matrix
- Steward the sites Facility Siting program
- Steward till closure all PHA related audit Findings, audit Action Items, Regulatory Compliance Action Items, and Root Cause Analysis Action Items.
- Participate in incident investigation teams as required
- Perform RMP, MOC, auditing and other duties at the direction of the PSM Director
- Track and report site and corporate PSM metrics
- Participate as a contributing member of Process Safety and MOC Knowledge Sharing Networks
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering-related field or 10 years of refinery operational experience
- 1 or more years process industry experience (refining, petrochemical, and/or related industry)
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Technical Field
- Technical background such as Process Engineer
- 8 or more years of process industry engineering or PSM experience
- Experience with PHA Pro software, experienced PHA Facilitator, experienced LOPA Team Leader
- Knowledge of process area Facility Siting considerations
- Surfaces and resolves business challenges in a timely, proactive manner
- Accepts ownership and delivers on commitments within deadlines
- Experience sizing relief valves per API 521
- Experience in specialized programs (PHA-Pro, IMPACT, Livelink, SAP, KMS)
- Encourages creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement; streamlines processes
- Engenders trust and nurtures atmosphere of mutual respect
- Experience in a regulatory environment
- Positive attitude, responds effectively to changing work environment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 2, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 34357
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment