Phillips 66 Environmental Specialist - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Environmental Specialist - Ponca City Refinery is responsible for multimedia environmental program compliance, incident review and planning support to Operations, Maintenance, Projects and Contractor groups. The Environmental Specialist reports to the Refinery Environmental Manager.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing consultation and leadership to refinery personnel regarding assigned regulatory programs and environmental permits
- Managing assigned programs and environmental permits including coordinating with contractors and laboratories
- Preparation of budgets and review of invoices
- Preparation of maintenance turnaround environmental plans
- Evaluating incident reports for environmental consequences and submittal of regulatory notifications
- Coordinating the development of permit updates and renewals for assigned programs
- Developing refinery annual training material for assigned programs and permits
- Networking with company peers and experts and actively participating on company Environmental Network Teams
- Participating in 24-hour environmental duty phone rotation
- Leading internal environmental audits and agency inspections for assigned programs and permits
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Civil, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 3 or more years of environmental regulations experience in refining, petrochemical or related industries
- Must be willing and able to perform/comply with the following:
Wear Nomex fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear, and eye protection)
Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
Perform moderate manual labor, bend, stoop and climb
Work at various levels above the ground
Working outdoors and possibly in inclement weather conditions
Be available for occasional vacation coverage and support outside of normal business hours
Current valid driver’s license
- Direct field or operating experience in a refining, petrochemical or equivalent industrial setting
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interface effectively with other people to problem solve, including on-on-one interactions, meeting interactions, team meetings, training small and large groups, and making technical presentations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Work well in team environment
- Customer focused
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 5, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37676
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Health, Safety, and Environment