Phillips 66 Pipeliner in Midland, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Pipeliner works independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes within the Midstream business unit. Processes involved may or may not use hazardous and volatile materials under high temperature and pressure. Typical working conditions include: outside weather and elements, heat, pressure, noise, vibration, rotating equipment, and occasionally working from heights and confined spaces. Operators must follow safe work practices including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing routine pipeline maintenance.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
- Responding promptly and effectively to customer needs.
- Responding to emergencies and assisting in maintaining emergency equipment.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (Computer Based Training).
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with pipeline customers and vendors.
- Performing environmental, company and regulatory checks as necessary.
- Eliminating, containing and reporting any and all product and/or crude leaks, seeps and spills.
- Monitoring and enforcing safety rules at facilities.
- Identifying and promptly communicating operational and equipment problems to supervisor and/or completing trouble reports.
- Assisting with construction and maintenance projects.
- Operating valves.
- Identifying and pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Willing to work outside immediate area.
This is a union represented position.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To climb up to 20 feet using both inclined and vertical ladders
To lift up to 69 pounds
To push and pull forces up to 100 pounds
To operate a forklift
To respond to emergency calls as needed
To remain on call as needed
To work overtime on an as-needed basis
To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
To work with chemicals and bases
To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. (i.e to be clean shaven (facial hair))
To perform firefighting duties
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry level test.
- 3 or more years of direct operational experience in the oil and gas industry
- Relevant Military experience
- Safety and environmental alertness, and promotes a safe work environment by complying with all procedures, rules and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and SAP
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 5/25 /2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 36781
Location: United States - Texas - Midland|United States - New Mexico - Hobbs|United States - Texas - Odessa|United States - Texas - Denver City|United States - Texas - Goldsmith|United States - Texas - Levelland
Job Field: Maintenance