Phillips 66 Indirect Tax Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
In conjunction with the Indirect Tax Lead, provide indirect tax advisory support to UK businesses, and manage indirect tax compliance for all UK entities in liaison with the businesses and fiscal agents.
- Main contact for provision of high quality fit for purpose indirect tax advisory support to certain UK businesses (e.g. Commercial) as a valued business partner.
- Prepare/manage all Value Added Tax, Insurance Premium Tax and Climate Change Levy compliance obligations of UK entities in liaison with Finance teams and fiscal agents.
- Ensure “no surprises” on accuracy of indirect tax accounts to filing positions and contingencies.
- Ensure application of financial controls in relation to indirect tax accounts in adherence with corporate policies, processes and procedures (including SOX compliance).
- Identify process efficiencies.
- Conduct audits of VAT & customs compliance procedures undertaken by fiscal agents and manage audits by UK and European tax authorities.
- Provide back-up support to Tax Analyst on corporation tax accounting & reporting.
- Deputise for Indirect Tax Lead.
- Recognised professional accounting and/or tax qualification or part-qualified.
- Significant experience in VAT.
- Numeracy and attention to detail.
- Team-player and good communicator.
- Ability to meet and manage work around strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive, trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of SAP/BW and Right Angle.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of Sunday, 20th August.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 37566
Department: UK Marketing
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Accounting/Finance