Phillips 66 Credit Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Credit Analyst is responsible for assisting in managing the Accounts Receivable exposure of UK Marketing businesses in line with Global Credit Policy and to support the relevant marketing strategies where possible whilst seeking to minimise potential bad debt losses.
- Review of new and existing customers’ creditworthiness, establishing credit limits, taking out security where appropriate to manage risk
- Work with the Marketing business to establish Credit terms, methods of payment, and agreed level of exposure consistent with Global Credit Policy.
- Communicate & work closely with Credit Group and Sales areas regarding any analysis or risk issues
- Responsible for Credit Risk Insurance within relevant Sales sector(s)
- Liaison with customers to agree terms and gain knowledge of business and financial standing.
- Ongoing monitoring of exposures vs. credit limits. Recommend actions to Collector when required
- Maintenance of Credit Files, with audit trail of Credit approvals, in compliance with agreed SOX processes.
- Maintenance of security held to ensure validity and fit for purpose
- Create, review and supply reports within agreed time format and in line with expectations.
- Escalate analysis and risk issues to Credit Team Lead in a timely and informative manner.
- Represent Credit Group in both internal and external meetings when and where required.
- Manage Doubtful Debt provision in respect of customer portfolio
- Take on additional tasks as and when required within the Credit Group
- Work closely with UK Credit Collections team
- Obtain a working knowledge of the UK Commercial Credit Analysis area to enable cover to be given as and when required in that area of Analysis
Critical Skills/Leadership Criteria
- Professional Credit qualification preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Breadth of Finance experience, including working with a business and analytical experience or recognised accounting qualification.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to make independent credit decisions within defined authorities.
- Willingness and ability to escalate issues in a timely manner
- Customer focus – external – valued customers.
- Customer focus – internal – quality and timeliness of service.
- Rigorous & well organised – attention to detail.
- Controls focus.
- Well developed communication skills – written for credit proposals.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of Sunday, 1st October 2017.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 37569
Department: UK Marketing
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Accounting/Finance