Phillips 66 Laboratory Technician - Bayway Refinery in Linden, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Laboratory Technician - Bayway Refinery performs a variety of analysis and tests of refinery products, process streams and environmental samples in a technically complex, highly automated refinery laboratory. Technicians work a rotating day/evening schedule including weekends. Technicians are responsible for maintaining and operating the equipment used in testing and analysis.
Responsibilities may include:
- Demonstrating awareness and commitment to safety
- Upholding company values, understanding and implementing all relevant company policies and procedures to ensure all work meets the required standard
- Taking samples/readings of various process streams
- Write cohesive reports, documents and memos
- Performing various quality assurance and quality control tests on product/process samples per procedure.
- Interpreting data and analyzing validity.
- Assisting and training other Laboratory Technicians.
- Reporting data using lab information management system.
- Performing routine maintenance/troubleshooting on laboratory equipment.
- Reviewing QA/QC charts for trends and results.
- Documenting and recording findings according to established procedures.
- Occasionally required to work outdoors with exposure to weather elements; some lifting is required.
- Working with outside contractors and agencies
- Participating in safety reviews
- Participating in annual training refreshers
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associate's degree
- 1 or more years of relevant laboratory technician experience in the last 3 years
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Work shift schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekend, holidays, rotating shift
Wear Nomex fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
Standing in place for long periods
Walking on flat surfaces or slight inclines
Lifting and /or carrying objects weighing between 10 and 40 lbs
Bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching below the waist, from waist to shoulder and above shoulder
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Science
- 3 or more years of related lab experience in the refining or petrochemical industry
- Experience working in a refinery or industrial setting
- Knowledge of applicable ASTM, EPA, Federal, State, County regulatory requirements
- Ability to learn and perform all procedures used in a Quality Control Lab for product testing
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency in laboratory software
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Bayway Refinery is the largest refinery on the East Coast located in Linden, New Jersey. This major industrial complex runs 240 kb/d of crude oil producing petroleum products including gasoline, diesel, heating oil and jet fuel serving the New York metropolitan area.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 27, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 38127
Department: Bayway Refinery
Location: United States - New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Operations