Phillips 66 Electrical Superintendent - Lake Charles Refinery in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Electrical Superintendent - Lake Charles Refinery , under the general direction of the Routine Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Manager, plan and direct all activities to support the efficient operation of a group within the Maintenance Department.They develop and implement the electrical reliability and corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance plans for the facility. They assist in the start-up, shutdown and troubleshooting activates of the electrical distribution system and utilization equipment.
Responsibilities may include :
- Approving and recommending staffing levels by craft of skill
- Handling employee assignment, development, review, appraisal, training and employee actions for staff
- Consulting with operations, technical and purchasing in the specifying and procurement of goods and services and developing contracts
- Consulting and providing expertise with regard to equipment reliability and technical performance
- Developing and Implementing various programs regarding reliability improvement and performance management
- Developing or modifying maintenance or safety procedures and training materials
- Planning, organizing, executing and documenting turnaround, daily maintenance, emergency and project work
- Developing yearly budgets, forecasts and long range improvement plans
- Participating in facility emergency response as part of Emergency Management Organization within the Incident Command System
- Performing formal and informal investigations into root cause analysis of equipment failures; documenting findings and communicating findings throughout organization
- Liaison between company and the local power company
- Complying with all policies and procedures and all Federal, State and local regulations
- May need to occasionally work outdoors exposed to weather elements
- Knowing and observing safe work practices including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must be able to be Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) qualified (For more information, you can visit www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm)
- 5 or more years of direct experience in industrial electrical maintenance or a combination of electrical maintenance & reliability
- 1 or more years of team lead or supervisory experience
- 5 or more years experience reading and comprehending Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), electrical schematics and equipment diagrams
- Multi-craft experience and Turnaround experience
- Computer proficient with Excel, Word, SAP
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills, ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization
- Knowledge of planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritizes activities, meets commitments, and proactively manages time
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
Construction of the Lake Charles Refinery was completed in 1941 at a cost of $4.5MM. The refinery was originally designed to process 7,500 barrels of crude oil per day to supply high-octane aviation fuel to WWII war planes.
Through 75 years of upgrades, LCR now processes 244,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Each upgrade of the facility brought additional complexity and market advantages. Most recently, LCR completed a $300MM dollar project to meet clean fuels regulations.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 28, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37580
Department: Lake Charles Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Lake Charles
Job Field: Maintenance