Phillips 66 Yardman in Kansas City, Kansas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Yardman will work independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes in the Midstream business units. Some of the processes involved use hazardous and volatile materials under high temperature and pressure. Typical working conditions include: outside weather and elements, blowing air, heat, noise, vibration and occasionally working from heights and confined spaces. Yardman must follow safe work practices including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). In addition, Yardman perform various duties required to keep their assigned processing unit/area operating safely and at specified production/run rates.
Responsibilities may include :
- Demonstrating awareness and commitment to safety
- Maintaining equipment and operations
- Taking samples/readings of various process streams
- Monitoring and observing assigned area for abnormal conditions and emergency situations
- Working with outside contractors and agencies
- Participating in safety reviews
- Initiating work orders and permitting for work related to the assigned unit.
- Maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment
- Participating in annual training refreshers
- Performing routine terminal maintenance
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- Responds to emergencies and assisting in maintaining emergency equipment
- Maintaining measurement equipment
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with terminal and pipeline customers and vendors
- Eliminating, containing and reporting any and all leaks, seeps and spills
- Monitoring and enforcing safety rules at loading rack and truck unloading facilities
- Identifying and promptly communicating operational and equipment problems to supervisor and/or completing trouble reports
- Operating valves
- Identifying and pursuing cost reduction opportunities
- Upholding company values, understanding and implementing all relevant company policies and procedures to ensure all work meets the required standard
- This is a Union Represented position
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma / GED or higher degree
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Currently hold a valid Transportation Workers Identification (TWIC) card (or have the ability to obtain one)
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply, with or without reasonable accommodation, with following:
- To work at least a 12-hour rotating shift, which includes weekends and holidays (Employees generally work 48 hours one week, 36 hours the next, rotating between days and nights)
- To work overtime on an as-needed basis
- To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
- To climb up to 40 feet in height
- To lift up to 50 pounds
- To work with chemicals, including acids and bases
- To wear personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- To perform firefighting duties
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To work near products that are under high pressure and heat
- Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry-level test
- 3 or more years of direct operational experience in the oil and gas industry
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Phillips 66 owns or leases various assets such as: pipelines, terminals, railcars and trucks in order to provide strategic timely and environmentally safe delivery and storage of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids to its refineries and to carry refined products to the market.
Midstream has approximately 26,000 miles of common-carrier crude oil, raw natural gas liquids and products pipeline systems in the U.S. As well as 48 finished product terminals, 10 liquefied petroleum gas terminals, seven crude oil terminals, one coke exporting facility, and manages over 160 truck carrier companies and over 10,000 railcars.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 12/07/2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 33002
Location: United States - Kansas - Kansas City
Job Field: Operations