Phillips 66 Social Media Specialist in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for executing the Corporate Phillips 66 brand strategy through corporate social media channels by engaging target audiences.
The ideal candidate must be a subject matter expert in social media and possess expert understanding of, and experience with, the social media universe, including traditional channels, emerging channels and communities, blogs, forums, wikis, etc.
The Social Media Specialist function resides in the Communication and Public Affairs department (C&PA) and will contribute expertise and ideas to the overall corporate communications strategy.
Responsibilities may include :
- Company knowledge and brand understanding
Connecting with internal subject matter experts, business partners to learn about and gather information on proposed company initiatives, upcoming events and holidays, and discover opportunities to leverage content to promote the Phillips 66 brand on social media.
Working to understand our company’s brand strategy and business objectives and possess the ability to quickly learn and articulate a variety of subject areas.
Building knowledge base of company’s businesses and strategies.
Consulting on the planning of social media tactics for communications strategic plans.
Content creation, calendar planning and posting
Creating excellent, reader-centric, audience-targeted content for corporate social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Coordinating content creation with agency partners.
Managing and overseeing the scheduling of social media posts through the social media content calendar and attend regular content planning meetings prepared with ideas and proposals for campaigns or spontaneous event coverage
Designing basic graphic elements when needed.
Moderate and respond to comments, private messages or any other inbound messages on social media platforms or content management systems, like Sprinklr or Percolate.
Proactively research new platforms or trends to identify and report on future growth opportunities.
Monitoring relevant conversations carrying out a variety of analysis to gain customer insights.
Analyzing trending topics to proactively identify opportunities and emerging issues.
Assisting in the research of target audiences through metrics/analytics.
Developing monthly presentations for Director of Digital Media to communicate content plans in advance of publishing.
Working with Campaign Strategist to create monthly and quarterly reports showcasing important business and social metrics for presentation to management.
Champion process and project improvements.
Demonstrating expertise in presenting social media content campaigns and proposals for those without proficiency in social media. Show ability to illustrate the user journey, demonstrate campaign targeting, mobile presentation, synergies with other digital channels.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 or more years managing a corporate brand’s social media channels either as a corporate employee or at an agency
- Experience working in and evaluating social media content management systems like Sprinklr and Percolate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Experience to identify critical insights (whether through trends or through hard data) and organize them into actionable plans that can be shared across content team
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, design
- High-level communications experience in oil & gas industry, or in major company with global reach
- Adept at expertly utilizing all means of communication (digital, written, oral, etc.) for a variety of target audiences
- Experience with HTML3, CSS5 coding, Sharepoint website management a plus
- Experience with SEO (search engine optimization) and a general understanding of how to use search insights to drive content improvements
- Experience with Google Tag Manage
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to shoot a video using iPhone and appropriate equipment, and edit into a video package that can be posted on social media
- Ability to take still photos with the goal of creating social media content
- Proven leadership ability in collaborative, dynamic team environment
- Exceptional work ethic
- Experience managing multiple projects and team members
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 2, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 36981
Department: Communications and Public Affairs
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Communications and Public Affairs