Phillips 66 Senior Logistics Specialist in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Truck & Rail is the logistics center of excellence creating a competitive advantage for Phillips 66 by delivering optimized transportation logistics solutions for outbound delivery of products to distributors, marketers, and consumers - that are safe, reliable, low cost, and meet the business needs.
Responsibilities may include :
- Ensuring that an optimal level of gasoline inventory is available by analyzing sales trends, market conditions, and usage data to perform inventory management within the Fuel Quest system to minimize retains and run-outs
- Working one on one with Supply for both Light Oils and Aviation to provide carriers with current up-to-date information on outages and supply point changes
- Ensuring on time and accurate Aviation deliveries by working with the customer, carrier and General Aviation Supply
- Ensuring optimal combination of carrier and terminal selection to provide freight cost efficiencies
- Maintaining a high level of customer service by managing day-to-day activities with internal/external customers, including daily interface with General Aviation, Marketing and/or other customer operations, carriers and terminals to resolve customer and supply issues
- Complying with state, federal and local legal requirements by managing gasoline inventories and advising management on needed actions
- Following up with carriers on unreported fuel retains and diversions
- Monitoring, analyzing and ensuring delivery workload by determining availability of trucks; site storage restrictions; carrier compartment size options; supply point options; delivery time requirements; scheduling availability; traffic and weather conditions
- Providing supply point changes by coordinating with Commercial Schedulers and carriers to minimize delivery disruptions
- New customer training on the web based fuel inventory and ordering system
- Working closely with Sales Representatives from both the General Aviation and Light Oil divisions of Global Marketing to keep them informed on any outstanding issues needing their attention i.e... customer issues, required maintenance, supply chain or delivery issues etc.
- Reviewing and updating Light Oil SOP’s as needed
- Gathering and maintaining proper documentation for contaminations, cross dumps, retains, diversions, tank tests and pump-outs
- Providing high level of support to accommodate changes in operating environment such as terminal outages, ASAPs, cancellations, rolled loads, truck break down, etc.
- Coordinating the resolution of difficult issues as they arise; typically involving customers, terminal, carrier personnel, field sales force and/or other departments within Phillips 66
- Investigating, documenting and providing solutions based on root cause analysis methodology
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience working within Oil & Gas transportation, logistics, marketing, or customer service
- Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong influencing and conflict management skills
- 2 or more years light oil transportation experience
- 1 or more years of experience working in a petroleum products scheduling environment
- 1 or more years of experience analyzing, interpreting and providing solutions with sales trend data
- Must be able to work in a team environment and network well with others.
- Strong communications skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 3, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37803
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Business Development