Phillips 66 Integrity Tech Services Engineer in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Technical Services Engineer is accountable for providing pipeline integrity engineering support to all Phillips 66 Pipeline Company operated pipeline systems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical guidance and a single point contact to operations, logistics, projects and pipeline integrity personnel.
- Learning and interpretation of policy, code, and regulation (DOT 195). Interpreting and updating system wide maintenance and technical procedures and standards to maximize asset integrity and minimize risk. Areas of focus include overpressure protection, maximum operating pressures and other operating limits, waterway inspections, encroachments, hydro testing, pipeline span design, geohazards, welding, etc.
- Providing support and development of system integrity capital and major maintenance budgets for assigned program areas.
- Supporting the overall implementation of the capital and major maintenance work representing the integrity group in the management of change process.
- Gathering, integration and analysis of large amounts of diverse data to make good integrity decisions. Identifying technical needs for the system, evaluating failures and changes to the system to determine system wide effects. Developing recommendations and guidelines to address.
- Communicating technical findings, providing training and driving knowledge sharing. Representing the Phillips 66 Pipeline Company - Pipeline Integrity group in various internal and external forums.
- Understanding fundamental materials properties and failure mechanisms and strength calculations. Use of pipeline integrity computer systems and software to make integrity decisions.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent full-time basis, without restrictions
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering
- 2 or more years Pipeline, Transportation and/or Terminal industry experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- High regard for safety and quality
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Understands and uses technical expertise to contribute to the success of the business
- Accepts ownership & accountability for delivering on commitments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal communication, both written & oral presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong technical competency
- Organizational skills - able to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- High levels of initiative and energy
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of [[Insert Requisition Closing Date]] .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 37579
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Engineering