Phillips 66 Director, Executive Communications in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Director, Executive Communications creates executive communications strategies as well as develops talking points, speeches, presentations, scripts, to increase visibility of the executive leadership team as thought leaders. This advisor reports internally to the Manager of Communications and Public Affairs.
Responsibilities may include :
- Leading communication efforts for Phillips 66 executive leadership team in areas of strategy, policy and execution
- Translating complex and important business/industry concepts into aligned, compelling stories that inspire action and engagement around the company’s vision, business strategy and values
- Meeting with executives to design strategic messages based on key business priorities and initiatives
- Writing executive talking points, speeches, presentations, scripts and web content specifically focused on the executive leadership teams business goals and objectives
- Identifying and incorporating key business insights to reinforce executive thought leadership in the industry and communities served
- Developing and maintaining relationships with public affairs representatives to ensure representative coverage of internal news stories from around the globe in relation to any upcoming speaking or public engagements as well as internal town hall meetings
- Developing and maintaining vetting process and criteria for executive appearances
- Maintaining executive appearance calendar which is an element of the criteria/vetting process mentioned above
- Identifying and vetting external speaking engagements for the executive leadership team
- Providing crisis communications counsel when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 or more years of Communications in the Energy industry
- 10 or more years’ experience in Communications. Must have experience focused on Executive Communications for some of this time.
- Corporate experience required (must provide examples of working with executives and SMEs to drive communications, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills with advanced experience creating effective PowerPoint presentations
- Exceptional writing skills (samples of various styles ;prose, speech, web copy required)
- Master’s Degree
- 7 or more years’ experience focused on Executive Communications
- Ability to develop strategies for campaigns and fully execute campaigns with little or no oversight
- Strong listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, meets deadlines and requirements of internal and external customers, responding promptly and thoroughly to requests
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Agency experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 31, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 36702
Department: Communications and Public Affairs
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Communications and Public Affairs