Phillips 66 Corrosion Trainee Intern in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Corrosion Technician Trainee Intern will provide corrosion control services to ensure 100 % compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements for pipeline and terminal assets for a specified geographic area. The Technician in Training, under the general direction of the Corrosion Team Lead and the direct supervision of the local CP technician, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment for pipeline CP facilities in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulations.
Responsibilities may include :
- Completing of annual cathodic protection surveys
- Completing of rectifier and bond inspections
- Evaluating and providing recommendations to mitigate corrosion control issues
- Utilizing Pipeline Compliance System (PCS) software to record, monitor and evaluate CP data and
- Ensuring internal Coupon Data to ensure 100 % compliance
- Completing and issuing CP compliance reports
- Monitoring and evaluating internal corrosion control systems
- Coordinating the efforts of operation and maintenance personnel when they are providing corrosion control services
- Coordinating the efforts of contractors with when they are providing corrosion control services
- Coordinating the implementation of corrosion control projects
- Preparing proposed budgets for corrosion control programs and track approved budgets
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Ability and willing to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, with the following:
To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even & uneven terrain
- To raise & transport supplies & equipment weighing 40 lbs
- To climb to the top of tanks & other facility assets
- To use work equipment manuals & maps
- Must be actively pursuing a degree in Pipeline Integrity with a graduation date of Summer or Fall 2017
- NACE CP Level 1
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
Phillips 66 owns or leases various assets to provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe delivery of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; product, crude oil, marine and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; and a fleet of railcars.
As of Dec. 31, 2012, Phillips 66 manages approximately 18,000 miles of crude oil, raw NGL, natural gas and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. In addition, the company owns or operates 39 finished-product terminals, five LPG terminals, 10 crude oil terminals and one petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 also owns a 25 percent interest in the Rockies Express (REX) natural gas pipeline. REX runs 1,679 miles from Meeker, Colo., to Clarington, Ohio.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of Decmeber 12, 2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 32482
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: Yes