Phillips 66 Coordinator, Rail Operations in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Rail Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing rail fleet activity across North America by monitoring railcar activity through use of rail industry software. Coordinators must understand the basics of rail operations and manage issues as they arise on railroads, including non-moving cars, rail disruptions, critical inventory issues, and railcar HSE incident management. Coordinators also manage rail demurrage, implementation of the railcar maintenance program, rail data management activities, and car supply issues. The role also requires strong interface with rail operations ship & receipt points as well as stakeholders within the supported P66 businesses to identify rail trends, future operational needs, and optimize railcar count. The job is primarily office based but will require approximately 5-10% travel.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring adequate empty railcar supply at all P66 ship points for designated products.
- Query and analyzing rail movement data to support definition of rail logistics issues and daily rail operational needs.
- Maintaining data and movement notes in rail track and trace system.
- Building applicable data sets to distribute to internal customers regarding rail operational issues.
- Understanding key metrics and monitor railcar activity against metrics. Leading periodic business review meetings explaining rail data and metrics to key stakeholders.
- Defining significant rail logistics issues present in business and drive improvements related to defined issues.
- Interfacing with other rail groups (Contracting & Vendor Management, Data Integrity, Maintenance, and Leasing) to manage related issues and drive process improvements.
- Leading data based operational reviews with railroads to develop operational improvements in regards to Phillips 66 rail activity.
- Travelling to key rail operational sites to understand and manage facility infrastructure and constraint issues. Creating/updating operational facility profiles and taking part in larger strategic operational planning issues.
- Working with Data Integrity team to manage and fix electronic data transmission issues.
- Actively working with other rail constituents to identify and mitigate rail supply chain costs such as demurrage and mileage equalization.
- Understanding other operational cost drivers and analyzing options to deliver cost effective rail service.
- Assisting with back office problem resolution such as payables verification and cost allocation issues as needed.
- Participating in IT system improvement projects related to rail operational software.
- Frequently interfacing with Phillips 66 businesses on new opportunities and/or the resolution of issues.
- Representing rail organization at industry functions.
- Providing backup support for other rail coordinators for out of office time.
- Working outside normal office hours as needed, including nights, weekends or holidays.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- 1 or more years of data analysis experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to work extended or non-standard hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 or more years of logistics operations experience
- 1 or more years in rail operational activities
- Proficient in rail software
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
Truck and Rail
Phillips 66 owns or leases various assets to provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe delivery of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; product, crude oil, marine and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; and a fleet of railcars.
Phillips 66 manages truck and rail operations on behalf of its U.S. refinery and specialty operations. Rail movements are provided via a diverse fleet of more than 8,500 owned and leased railcars.
In October 2012, we entered into an operating lease covering 2,000 new railcars under construction. As of June 2013, we have taken delivery of 650 of these cars, and the remaining railcars are expected to be delivered in batches throughout 2013 and 2014. This is an expansion of our existing rail business and will allow delivery of more advantaged crude to our refineries on the East and West Coasts. Truck movements are provided through approximately 150 third-party trucking companies. A joint venture, Sentinel Transportation, LLC, provides dedicated and specialized trucking services for Phillips 66.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 14, 2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 33143
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Business Development