Phillips 66 2018 University Intern - Lubricants in Houston, Texas
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as well what you learned from the internship program
Encompassing an entire production, manufacturing and marketing value chain, Phillips 66 Lubricants is a market leader in North America and a growing part of the company portfolio. We differentiate ourselves through the quality of our products and our ability to capture opportunities effectively.
An internship with Phillips 66 Lubricants offers the opportunity to apply your engineering skills and sharpen your business acumen, providing on-the-job experience with the economics and analysis that drive real business decisions.
- Projects vary widely in scope, ranging from the optimization and debottlenecking of plant operations to the evaluation and development of market strategies
- Learn about the Lubricants business by working with experts throughout the value chain and travelling across the county to visit refineries, production sites and a world class research and development facility
- Utilize business management tools to optimize the Phillips 66 Lubricants’ supply chain and analyze market intelligence to identify opportunities for growth in the industry
- Internship opportunities are located at our headquarters in Houston, Texas
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program as a Sophomore or higher
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2018
- Available for a minimum of eleven continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38627
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No