Phillips 66 2018 University Intern - Commercial Supply & Trading in Houston, Texas
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU. DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART.
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program.
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well what you learned from the internship program
Our Phillips 66 Commercial Supply & Trading organization is focused on optimizing assets and improving supply chain performance by gathering market intelligence, managing risk, and creating logistic solutions across the globe to enhance returns.
Phillips 66’s Commercial Supply & Trading organization includes:
- Business Development
- Crude and Refined Products Supply
- Global Asset Optimization
- Global Trading
- Logistics and Scheduling
- Market Analysis
- Risk Management and Compliance
An internship with Phillips 66 Commercial Supply & Trading will allow your talent for analytical thinking to be used in countless ways. Opportunities are available in our organization to:
- Complete value-adding projects in Supply & Trading, Business Development, and/or Optimization that analyze and evaluate the rapidly moving energy markets and provide real-life solutions to the multiple challenges our customers face every day
- Interact with recent graduates and experienced managers to gain personal development and the industry knowledge needed to make a future career decision. The Commercial Supply and Trading experience will develop you technically and professionally, and will involve personal interaction with both office and field employees
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and other applications that are specific to the intern assignment. Interns receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments while leveraging technical skills acquired in college
- Work in our headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Energy Management, Finance, Mathematics, Risk Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or a Master’s degree in Economics or Finance
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program as a Junior or higher
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2018 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @ Phillips66Co at http://twitter.com/Phillips66Co and @ p66oncampus at http://twitter.com/p66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38625
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No