Phillips 66 Technician in Commerce City, Colorado
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
A Technician works independently under the direction of the Terminal Supervisor. A Technician installs, inspects, maintains, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment. Equipment includes mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment, and related control devices. A successful Technician has a positive attitude and an aptitude for learning. A Technician Training Program is available.
Responsibilities may include :
- Work safely and be prepared to stop any unsafe work you see.
- Work alone when required. Be part of team always.
- Install and maintain (inspect, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair) equipment. Equipment includes mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment, and related control devices. Some examples include pumps, valves, actuators, solenoids, compressors, and motors.
- Help minimize equipment downtime.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Support emergency responses as needed.
- Assist with planning maintenance.
- Work with contractors and vendors. Provide them direction as needed.
- Seek help from peers, contractors, and vendors when needed.
- Complete all training required by company’s policies.
- Supervise and direct contract crews as needed from time to time.
- Seek out training and continuously improve your technical knowledge.
- Manage a diverse workload.
- Provide technical support as needed by the Terminal Supervisor.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED
Willing and able to:
Climb ladders and stairs
- Raise and transport articles weighing up to 60 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Work alone a high percentage of the time
- Travel 10-25% of the time, including some overnight travel
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Be on call
- Work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Experience using precision measurement equipment (e.g. multi-meters)
- Experience installing and maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment
- Condition of employment includes successful completion of an entry-level test
- Associates degree in an electrical, instrumentation or related technical field
- Knowledge of drive couplings (e.g. direct, belt, and magnetic)
- Knowledge of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience using SAP
- Experience gauging tanks, operating valves, and performing maintenance on equipment
- Experience installing and maintaining rotating equipment
- Experience installing and maintaining terminal automation systems
- Experience installing and maintaining electrical and electronic control systems
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Experience installing and maintaining pumps
- Experience installing and maintaining valves
- Experience installing and maintaining actuators
- Experience installing and maintaining compressors
- Experience installing and maintaining motors
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Experience with pressure transmitters or temperature transmitters
- Experience with OMNI flow computers
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of DOT PHMSA regulations
- Knowledge of EPA regulations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Phillips 66 owns or leases various assets such as: pipelines, terminals, railcars and trucks in order to provide strategic timely and environmentally safe delivery and storage of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids to its refineries and to carry refined products to the market.
Midstream has approximately 26,000 miles of common-carrier crude oil, raw natural gas liquids and products pipeline systems in the U.S. As well as 48 finished product terminals, 10 liquefied petroleum gas terminals, seven crude oil terminals, one coke exporting facility, and manages over 160 truck carrier companies and over 10,000 railcars.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 12/15/2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 33041
Location: United States - Colorado - Commerce City
Job Field: Maintenance