Phillips 66 Vibration Technician in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Vibration Technician implements and manages predictive maintenance programs that support safe and reliable operation of rotating equipment. Collect data and samples, perform analysis, and drive necessary corrective activities to ensure Mechanical Integrity and Reliability of rotating equipment within the refinery. Ensure activities are consistent with Company core values and aligned with the goals of the refinery.
Responsibilities may include :
- Participating and promoting all aspects of the refinery safety program. Visibly demonstrates commitment to workplace safety and health of employees and contractors through personal engagement and sound decisions
- Collecting condition monitoring data on all operational rotating equipment within the active routes for equipment at the refinery, including major machinery equipment trains, in accordance with the MI Manual
- Analyzing data on all operating rotating equipment to identify deficient and deteriorating conditions of the equipment
- Developing a consensus and driving necessary corrective activities with maintenance organization to return equipment to original function
- Responsible and accountable for vibration, thermography, and oil condition data as part of the condition monitoring program
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving Machinery Bad Actors
- Generating regular reports and key performance indicators on the status of the vibration monitoring program. Generating overdue reporting to help identify potential gaps in the monitoring of the equipment
- Generating reporting for each newly identified deficient or deteriorating condition as well as status updates for rotating equipment
- Assisting with troubleshooting rotating equipment utilizing condition monitoring techniques
- Assisting with driving reliable operation of rotating equipment by coordinating equipment swap efforts for spared equipment
- Networking with other Phillips 66 Predictive Technologists to share expertise and partner to develop common work practices
- Assisting with major equipment startup and shutdown to assure all necessary machinery conditions are satisfied to proceed with operation
- Assisting with rotating equipment startup after overhauls to provide a quality check and machinery health status
- Providing off hours support for condition monitoring as necessary for continued unit operation
- Other duties as assigned
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience within refining or petrochemical industry, as a machinist craft worker and/or vibration technician
- Minimum Vibration Level I Certification
- Associate degree from junior college, vocational school or equivalent military service and /or apprenticeship program preferred
- Working knowledge of general maintenance processes
- Working knowledge of SAP PM module
- Working knowledge of pertinent PSM and MI procedures and expectations
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within a diverse work force
- Ability to encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement to build effective teams
- Ability to work within a team and/or network environment and contribute to the success of the company
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, identify critical tasks, and establish priorities
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt and respond to unforeseen changes in plans and initiate new plans as needed
- Willingness to dedicate time during high intensity work activities such as hurricane support, turnaround support, process unit shutdowns and startups, etc.
- Effective communicator with good oral and written skills
- Accepts ownership, is accountable, and demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments
- Lives core values in daily activities
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 12, 2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 33082
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Maintenance