Phillips 66 Electrician in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for maintaining, testing and troubleshooting electrical power systems up to 34.5kv. Work involves the use of hand and power tools and necessary diagnostic equipment. The employee must, in the opinion of his/her supervisor, possess the fitness and ability to perform the tasks responsibly under normal supervision.
Responsibilities may include:
- Following all Alliance Refinery Safe Practices and Procedures
- Communicating all safety concerns and incidents to supervisor immediately
- Communicating work status, findings, and improvement opportunities
- Obtaining appropriate work permits and performing a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to starting work
- Using refinery network, SAP, procedures, and refinery documents
- Maintaining and completing records, forms, and documents
- Properly utilize rigging equipment including overhead hoists and lifting devices
- Completing tasks as deemed qualified
- Sustaining a well-kept and orderly worksite in performance of all work duties
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and performing maintenance tasks on electrical equipment
- Reading and interpreting loop drawings, P&IDs, wiring schematics, single line diagrams, etc.
- Understanding the refinery's electrical infrastructure and general electrical principles to work efficiently and effectively
- Installing conduit and wiring
- Configuring, installing, and commission’s new electrical equipment
- Effectively uses electrical test equipment
- Operating all available mobile equipment including aerial lifts, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, fork lifts, and Drott’s
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Compete a recognized apprentice program, possess a N.C.C.E.R. Industrial Electrician Certification or Industrial Trade School Certification or do you have five years or more of direct experience working in a refinery and/or chemical industry?
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with applicable codes and standards including NEC
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
To work overtime?
To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos?
To work near hot, large, high-speed machines?
To climb up to 200 feet in height?
To move items weighing up to 50 pounds?
To wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment, such as steel toed boots, ear and eye protection?
To maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can properly seal?
Are you willing to work outside in harsh weather?
- N.C.C.E.R. Industrial Electrician Certification
- Industrial Trade School Certification
- Recognized Apprentice Program
- Five years or more of direct experience working in a refinery and/or chemical industry
- Experience with SAP’s Maintenance Module
This position falls under our Employee Referral Program (ERP) for Alliance and is award-eligible. Employees may find guidelines, terms and conditions for the referral program at Employee Referral Guidelines at https://connect.sp.phillips66.net/sites/hr/en-us/recruiting-staffing/resource-center/Pages/referral-program-alliance.aspx . All referrals are subject to the rules under the Phillips 66 Employee Referral Program.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 1, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 39223
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Maintenance