Phillips 66 Instrument Technician in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Instrument technician works on a variety of instrumentation including but not limited to: Rosemount and Honeywell pressure transmitters, Eurotherm temperature controllers and related thermocouples, Micromotion flow meters, Siemens Maxum analyzers, Cosa BTU analyzers, General H2S and hydrocarbon detectors, Honeywell and Delta V control systems. Some of the processes involved use hazardous and volatile materials under high pressure and temperature. Instrument technicians are exposed to various work conditions including outside weather and elements, blowing air, heat, noise, vibration and occasionally working from heights and in confined spaces. Instrument technicians must follow safe work practices including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Responsibilities may include :
- Installation of process instrumentation equipment
- Troubleshooting instrumentation problems
- Calibration of process instrumentation
- Being responsible for your own safety and the safety of your co-workers at all times with the responsibility to notify co-workers and supervisors of safety issues immediately
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Maintain a valid driver's license
Willing and able to:
work overtime as needed
- work as a member of a team
- work in industrial process areas
- lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- work outside in harsh weather conditions
- learn computer software associated with process operations
- 3 or more years of experience with electrical test equipment
- 3 or more years of experience with Hart and Honeywell calibration equipment
- 4 or more years of experience in process instrumentation
- Oklahoma State electrical license
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics or process instrumentation
- Experience dealing with fire and security systems
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 28, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 34770
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Maintenance