Phillips 66 Buyer in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Buyer is responsible for the acquisition of materials or services for an assigned group of categories using a standardized procurement process that meets business needs while adhering to Corporate standards and mitigating financial and liability risks.
Responsibilities may include :
- Purchasing and making decisions that result in the optimal cost of ownership for materials acquisitions, including:
Adherence to a Standard Purchasing Process
Creating purchase orders and administering the lifecycle of a purchase order from requisition receipt to supplier payment
Selecting an appropriate source of supply
Determining the correct price that should be paid
Utilizing system tools and capabilities to monitor and track
Effectively communicating with suppliers and client groups
Functioning as a key member of a Procurement Buying teams
- Guiding and directing client groups on how to effectively transact business with the Procurement Buying teams
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school Diploma/GED or higher
- 1 or more years of experience as a Buyer/Buying Specialist, Procurement Coordinator, Materials Management, Contracting, Warehouse/Inventory or a Procurement Expeditor
- 1 or more years of experience conducting ERP search routines, electronic requisitioning, and electronic interfaces with vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- 1 or more years of purchasing experience
- Proficient in SAP MM module
- 1 or more years of experience in oil and gas industry
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 1, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 36268
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Procurement